CareAR provides an augmented reality support platform that extends the value of ServiceNow to provide remote visual assistance, guidance, and compliance for service management teams.
This document is intended to enable ServiceNow Certification Engineers and Technical Support members to:
- Understand the CareAR-ServiceNow integration
- Install the CareAR Plugin for ServiceNow
- Configure the CareAR-ServiceNow integration within CareAR Portal CareAR
The CareAR-ServiceNow integration enables agents of your ServiceNow ticketing platform to launch the CareAR Assist application along with context of which ServiceNow ticket the interaction is coming from. This enables the agent to assist using CareAR Assist and once the interaction within CareAR is complete to update the originating ServiceNow ticket with information regarding the session (screenshots, video recording links, session details).
To view how this interaction works please visit this page.
Before installing the CareAR-ServiceNow integration you should validate you have the following
- Your ServiceNow administrator is able to install plugins and establish user accounts
- Understanding your ServiceNow deployment in which ticket type is being utilized
- FSM – tickets such as Work Orders and Work Order Tasks
- CSM – tickets such as Cases
- ITSM – tickets such as Incidents
- PPM – tickets such as Projects
- CareAR tenant has the ServiceNow integration enabled
- Your MyCompany page on https://carear.app/#/admin will have a ServiceNow section if enabled
Part 1: Installation
In this section will cover the process of how to install the plugin in order to run the integration. CareAR is a registered application within the ServiceNow store which will provide easier methods of installation and updating.
- ServiceNow admin navigates to the store page that matches your use case
- Click on ‘Request App’, this will generate a request to the CareAR team to approve
- Once approved for your instance your ServiceNow administrator can now navigate to 'Plugins' and search for the CareAR integration you are aiming to utilize. This can now be installed to the environment by clicking 'Install'.
Part 2: Service Account (ServiceNow Side) for Web Service / API Access
CareAR uses a service account to upload images from a CareAR collaboration session back to the activity feed of the Work Order or Work Order Task from where the CareAR App is launched.
Please create a service account with “Web service access only” enabled and configure these details in the CareAR Admin Portal (Part 3).
Please work with your ServiceNow Support person to configure the least privilege needed for this account. The service account utilized for the integration will need to be able to read/write the ticket table(s) you are planning to use with the integration.
Part 3: Configure ServiceNow Service Account within CareAR tenant
- Go to CareAR Admin Portal
- Go to “My Company” sub menu on the left panel and configure the ServiceNow Service Account username and password
- Click Save to confirm
Part 4: Configure ServiceNow agents to access the integration
In order for agents to access the integration their user accounts will need to have the appropriate permissions assigned. The following permissions are utilized for each integration.
- x_care3_carear_csm.admin, x_care3_carear_csm.User
- x_care3_carear_its.admin, x_care3_carear_its.User
- x_care3_carear_ppm.admin, x_care3_carear_ppm.User