CareAR provides an augmented reality support platform that extends the value of ServiceNow to provide remote visual assistance, guidance, and compliance for service management teams.
This document is intended to enable ServiceNow Certification Engineers and Technical Support members to:
- Understand the CareAR-ServiceNow FSM integration
- Configure the CareAR-ServiceNow FSM integration CareAR Plugin Installation for FSM Field
Service Management Mobile Agent
CareAR uses ServiceNow Mobile Agent application to add augmented reality collaboration capability that extends the value of ServiceNow to provide remote visual support to service management teams, greatly enhancing the experience of customers, employees, and field staff.
Field Service Management Mobile Plugin
Confirm that Field Service Management Mobile Plugin is already installed in your ServiceNow instance.
- Go to ‘System Definition > Plugins’ and find ‘Field Service Management’ plugin.
- If it is not installed, click on Install button and make sure it is successfully installed.
- Ignore this step if this plugin is already installed.
ServiceNow Agent mobile app
Confirm the ServiceNow Agent mobile app is installed on your mobile device.
Refer to the following link on ServiceNow Documentation to learn more about the ServiceNow Agent mobile app.
Service Account for ServiceNow Web Service / API Access
CareAR uses a service account to upload images from a CareAR collaboration session back to the activity feed of the Work Order or Work Order Task from where the CareAR App is launched.
Please create a service account with “Web service access only” enabled and configure these details in the CareAR Admin Portal (Section 3.2: Configure ServiceNow Service Account for API Usage).
Please work with your ServiceNow Support person to configure the least privilege needed for this account. The service account utilized for the integration will need to be able to read/write the ticket table(s) you are planning to use with the integration.
CareAR Plugin Update Set
The following three (3) update set needs to be committed on a fresh New York version of ServiceNow instance. If previous versions of CareAR Update Set are installed, please delete them prior to proceeding with committing the latest Update Set.
CareAR Update Set List
The necessary xml files to install the plugins can be found here
This will contain the following files:
- CareAR.xml: This update set installs the core CareAR plugin.
- 2-CareAR-FSM-Launch: This update set installs the CareAR button option to Left Swipe, Footer and Top Menu functions within each FSM Work Order or Work Order Task.
- 3-CareAR-CSM-Launch.xml: This update set installs the CareAR button option for the ServiceNow CSM app.
- 5-CareAR-PPM-Launch.xml: This update set installs the CareAR button option for the PPM Mobile app.
CareAR Plugin commit Update Set steps
For each of the above CareAR Plugin Update Set do the following:
Go to ‘System Update Sets > Retrieved Update Sets’
Go to the bottom of the page and click on “Import Update Set from XML”
Select the update set file
Click on Upload
Retrieved Update Sets list will be shown
Open the retrieved update set form
Click on “Preview Update Set”
Upon success, it will show success screen
If ServiceNow find error on the preview. Accept all errors or warnings. If errors still remaining after accepting, then skip all the remaining errors and warnings.
Click on “Commit Update Set”
CareAR Platform - Admin Portal
This section explains how the Tenant Admin manages configuration specific to a Tenant in the Admin Portal. Configurations made by the Tenant Admin using the Tenant Admin portal are applied to that specific tenant in the CareAR Platform.
Admin Account Setup
Once a tenant is setup in the CareAR platform, the tenant admin will receive a welcome email with the following instructions to setup a CareAR account:
- Step 1: Confirm the account by clicking on the verify button below and set a custom password
- Step 2: Download and install the CareAR App from the App Store link.
- Step 3: Manage additional users and your company usage from CareAR Admin Portal.
Configure ServiceNow Service Account for API Usage
- Go to CareAR Admin Portal
- Go to “My Company” sub menu on the left panel and configure the ServiceNow Service Account username and password
- Go to CareAR Admin Portal
- Go to “Users” sub menu
- Click on “Add New User +” +” and fill in the details for additional user
CareAR App with ServiceNow Agent App
- Download the CareAR App from the Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/mn/app/carear-connect/id1468965844
- Install the CareAR Mobile app
- Make sure to check “Remember me” checkbox option
- Enter the username/password and login
ServiceNow Agent Client
We use the following three different types of functions to launch CareAR app from ServiceNow Agent app:
- Top menu functions: CareAR uses the top menu function by the “3 dot” button located in the upper right corner of the app screen. Clicking this menu will show the CareAR menu entry, which one can tap to launch CareAR app
- Swipe functions: CareAR uses the swipe function by tapping an item in a list and swiping to the left. This swipe action reveals the CareAR swipe functions, which one can tap to launch CareAR app
- Footer functions: Enable the end users to take action on a form screen with a details segment. CareAR uses Green color scheme for the button. Clicking the CareAR button launches CareAR app
- Clicking any of the CareAR button will open a new window to launch CareAR App
- Once the CareAR app is launched, the ServiceNow agent can invite another Agents or a Guest from the CareAR app using email/SMS.
- Once the 2 users are connected, they can collaborate further with a rich set of augmented reality collaboration tools on top of remote visual session.
CareAR Snapshot attached to FSM Work Order or Work Order Task Activity
Either of the users can take snapshot that are automatically saved the image back to the ServiceNow FSM activity feed.