In order to utilize CareAR Assist with the Lenovo ThinkReality A3 glasses Enterprise edition, you will require the following:
- Lenovo ThinkReality A3 Glasses
- Compatiable Motorola Phone
- Motorola Edge 30 Pro
- Motorola Edge X30
- Motorola Edge plus
- Special USB3 cable for tethering ThinkReality A3 glasses to Motorola Phone
- A Google email address
- (Tip: Create a dedicated email account used to configure and set up your glasses only, this will avoid use of a personal email address you may not be able to remove from the smartphone easily. Example: email@example.com.)
- A Lenovo Support Account. This can be set-up at Home - Smart Support - Lenovo Support NL
- Use the “My Account” icon on the top right to log in, or set up another account.
Add Device on Lenovo Portal
Note: In order to add your device to the Lenovo Portal, you must have Administrator access on your Lenovo Account, otherwise you will need an Administrator to add your phone to the Portal.
- Access the Lenovo Portal and Select ‘Device Management’> ‘Device Session’ >Add a new Device
- Add Individual Devices by selecting the device model from the dropdown
- Click ‘Next’
- Set a Device Name and then specify your phone's Serial Number
- To view your phone's Serial Number, navigate to Settings>About Phone>Model
- Click ‘Next’
- You will be met with a QR Code you will use to link your device to the Portal. Leave this page open, as the QR code will be used later in the procedure.
Before linking the device to the portal, you will need to load the Glasses apps, and firmware.
- Connect your glasses to the phone with the provided USB3 Cable. This will download the UDC (Universal Device Client) app onto the phone.
- Launch the Lenovo UDC App. Connecting the A3 Glasses to the Motorola phone for the first time will enable and launch the UDC App. If you have connected the A3 Glasses to the phone previously, launch the UDC app on the phone from the app tray.
Note. Once the UDC app is enabled, you can disconnect the A3 glasses. Reconnect the A3 glasses later in the setup procedure to receive any glass firmware updates.
- Complete STEPS 1 through 3 in the UDC app, then scan the QR code from the Lenovo Portal.
- Once the registration process is complete, you will be met with a confirmation message, “Device successfully registered to the ThinkReality Portal.” The device status will change from ‘Pending’ to ‘Online.
Note: If the process fails, restart the procedure, removing the device from the Portal. Re-add the device and obtain a new QR code. To do this, go through the procedure outlined in Add Device on Lenovo Portal.
Load Glasses Apps
- Once the Motorola phone is registered to the Portal, the following apps will automatically be installed onto the Motorola phone.
- A3 Home
- A3 App Space
- AR Cast
Note: Make sure to accept all app install requests to the Motorola Phone.
If a firmware update is available for the A3 Glasses, it will be automatically deployed to the Motorola phone and installed onto the A3 Glasses. The glasses need to remain connected to the phone for the duration of the firmware installation. It may take some time.
Load Glasses with CareAR Assist
To add the CareAR Assist Application (for glasses), navigate to the Lenovo Portal
- Select Device Manager, then your device from the device list
- On the right side menu, select the Content Tab
- Under User Apps, deploy CareAR-Lenovo
Note: Don’t deploy the Glass-firmware. This will be deployed automatically by Lenovo
- On the UDC app, you will be required to authorize the installation of CareAR Assist Lenovo version. Select ‘Yes’
- Wait for the download and automatic install, this may take some time.
- Once complete, you will now have CareAR Assist installed on your Lenovo Think Reality Glasses.