Release 21.05.002 of CareAR Assist is a minor maintenance release with the following content:
- Join by session code
- Support for surveys on CareAR Assist for Browser
- Updated UI/UX for CareAR Assist for Smart Glasses
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
With CareAR Assist, release 21.05 and older, the options for guests to receive invitations to a session are via SMS, email, or the session link being shared via some alternative messaging app (e.g., copylink to WhatsApp). SMS has proven to be fastest, most common, and most convenient method to reliably deliver invitations to guests outside of the host’s organization. (Note that email sent to users in enterprises is often “scrubbed” for SPAM and can be delayed or blocked entirely.)
However, SMS is not reliable 100% of the time and this is a function of mobile networks and their ability to deliver SMS to roaming partners and MVNO partners.
The feature, Join by Session Code, provides an alternative option for a guest to join by a short session code.
In brief, a host starts a session and tells the guest a URL and 4-character session code; the guest then goes to a URL on their mobile browser and enters a unique 4-character session code. Once entered, the guest is directed to the existing CareAR Assist landing page to join the session via the native CareAR Assist app or (if configured) the CareAR Assist for Browser app.
How to Join by Session Code
The flow for joining by session code follows:
- When host starts a session, the host’s native app displays a unique 4-character code (alphanumeric, case-sensitive). The code is displayed in the lower portion of the participant list.
- The host verbally tells the guest the URL (e.g., xerox.com/join) to load on their mobile browser.
- The host verbally tells the guest the session code.
- When the guest points their mobile browser to the URL, the page that loads at the URL will have a text input box for the guest to enter the session code.
- The guest inputs session code and then proceeds with the standard join flow (of the web-delivered landing page per release 21.05).
- Once the session is established, the session code will remain visible to the host in the participant list in the event the host needs to re-communicate the session code to the guest or the host wants to invite additional guests via session code.
With the introduction of CareAR Assist for Browser in release 21.05, one of the capabilities not carried over from the CareAR Assist native app was support for surveys at the end of a session.
This feature provides end-of-session surveys (if defined) to guests who join a session via CareAR Assist for Browser in the same way the surveys are provided to the CareAR Assist native app.
Note: Since CareAR Assist for Browser is limited to guest users, the survey mentioned here is defined by the guest KPIs in the tenant configuration managed via the CareAR admin portal.
Our CareAR Assist for Smart Glasses gets a UI/UX refresh with this release. As a result, guest users can join a session using their smart glasses with fewer steps and can enjoy an even more intuitive CareAR Assist experience.