We want to make development easy for you. To integrate CraftAR into your Cordova mobile app, you can directly add our plugin to your Cordova project.
This page gives you pointers how to get the Plugin and Examples, the documentation of the Classes, the Requirements of your system to use this plugin, and finally, Release Notes of our continuous updates.
How to get started with the CraftAR Augmented Reality Cordova Plugin for iOS and Android
Our CraftAR Augmented Reality Cordova Plugin for iOS and Android works together with the CraftAR Image Recognition and Augmented Reality platform.
Sign up to CraftAR (free trial available) or log in to get the instructions on how you can install the plugin and run the Examples:
To integrate the Cordova Augmented Reality Plugin into your native app, you will need Cordova 7.0+.
Note: The current version is NOT COMPATIBLE with:
- Cordova 8
- Cordova Android engine version 7 or greater (use 6.4)
- Cordova cli for Windows.
Class Reference Documentation
Follow this link to browse through the classes of the CraftAR Augmented Reality Cordova Plugin for iOS and Android.
Dec 15th, 2017
- Changed: Plugin dependencies now get installed from npm. Using subdir is being deprecated.
- Added: (Image Recognition) Added url and custom properties to all Items.
- Fixed: (AR contents) Issues when loading 3D model contents from URL and local path.
Nov 28th, 2017
- Updated: Contains CraftAR Augmented Reality SDK (iOS: 5.1.0, Android: 5.1.0)
- Changed: This version includes fixes to support all features from the native SDKs:
- New: (AR contents) Added attributes to control the position of AR contents relative to the reference.
- New: (AR contents) Added support for specific attributes of video contents (see Class reference documentation).
- New: (AR Items): Added support for rendering when the item is not being tracked and control of Item’s position on the screen.
- New: (Camera) Added camera features: Control FPS, control HD/SD capture, take picture.
- New: (Tracking) Now you can add all the items of an on-device collection for tracking in one call.
- Fixed: (On-device) Fixes in on-device collection management.
- Fixed: (Finder scan mode) Fix Finder mode timeout.
- Fixed: (Android) Remove limitation that only allowed portrait apps.
August 17th, 2017
- Updated: Contains CraftAR Augmented Reality SDK (iOS: 5.0.1, Android: 5.0.1)
July 12th, 2017
- Updated: Contains the latest versions of the CraftAR Augmented Reality SDKs, using a new, improved version of our tracking technology (iOS SDK version 5.0, Android SDK version 5.0).
- Updated: Added missing files to run with Apache Cordova 7.
- Fixed: iOS Build not working due to framework symlinks being broken there (see related question)
- Fixed: Recognition bounding box was missing a corner.
December 19th, 2016
- Updated: CraftAR Augmented Reality SDK (iOS: 4.4, Android: 4.3)
- Added: New method to control Cloud Finder Mode search rate (set search period)
- Fixed: Exception logged on Android when intializing the plugin.
August 31st, 2016
- Updated: CraftAR Augmented Reality SDK (iOS: 4.3, Android: 4.2)
April 18th, 2016
- New version of the plugin for Cordova 6
- Uses the CraftAR Augmented Reality SDK version 4