Android CraftAR Pro SDK
How to get started with the Android CraftAR Pro SDK
In order to get started with the SDK, we recommend you to run the examples included in the distribution that you can download upon request (see button above). The examples are located in the Examples directory as an Android Studio Project.
Running the examples
Integrate the Android CraftAR Pro SDK into your own project
Follow this tutorial for instructions on how to integrate the Android CraftAR Pro SDK into your Android projects.
To build the project or use the library, you will need Google’s Android Studio 2.2 or newer and a device with Android 3.0 or newer.
Class Reference Documentation
Follow this link to browse through the classes of the Android CraftAR Pro SDK.
March 5th, 2018
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) On-device bundles now download the contents of the AR Items on the device when synchronizing the collection.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Error in 3D model caching (for Cloud AR items) that forced download of textures every time.
December 15th, 2017
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed setting the translation and rotation properties of an ARItem when the “drawing off tracking” feature is active.
November 7th, 2017
- Changed: (Augmented Reality) New performance and quality improvements to our core tracking technology.
- Added: (Augmented Reality) Allow to disable automatic AR content creation.
- Added: (Augmented Reality) New method to control the maximum number of AR items that can be tracked simultaneously.
- Added: (Common) Added the “Take picture” feature.
- Added: (Common) New CraftARActivityCompat allows to use fragments with AppCompatActivity.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed the toggle full screen feature on AR video contents (Android only).
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed infrequent crash on trackingStarted and trackingLost events.
- Fixed: (Cloud Recognition) Prevent searches from producing results after stopFinder has been called.
August 17th, 2017
- Fixed: (Common) Changed native builds to fix crashes on devices with Android 6 (6.0 – 6.0.1) installed.
- Fixed: (Common) Fixed problems running on x86 devices.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed error opening the camera on some devices.
- Fixed: (Image Recognition) Fixed potential crashes if callback handlers are set to null.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed touch events on videos with the transparency mask property set.
July 12th, 2017
- New: (Augmented Reality) This version of the SDK includes a new improved version of our tracking technology.
- New: (Augmented Reality) Now you can add items to the tracking before the camera capture is started.
- New: (Augmented Reality) Now you can directly load all AR items from an on-device collection to the Tracking at once.
- Removed: (Common) Use of Apache HTTP libs.
- Changed: (Augmented Reality) Performance improvements in the rendering of camera frames and AR contents.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed errors with autofocus with some devices (e.g. Galaxy S8).
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed camera appearing distorted for some devices.
December 15th, 2016
- Added: (Camera) New methods to change the size of the picture when calling takePicture or singleShotSearch (getSupportedPictureSizes() and setPictureSizes()).
- Fixed: (Camera) Crash when starting the camera in some cases.
- Fixed: (Camera) Single shot search failed in some devices because the picture size was not properly set up.
- Fixed: (Cloud Image Recognition) Bounding boxes were incorrect in responses from the Cloud Recognition.
- Fixed: (Cloud Image Recognition) Fix problem requesting custom data embedded.
- Fixed: (On-device Collections) Prevent crash and notify when the a null token is passed to the CollectionManager.
- Fixed: (On-device IR) Unloading a collection and loading it again now is loading the images correctly.
- Fixed:(AR) Maintain the last rotation and translation when the tracking is lost.
October 25, 2016
The first version of the Android CraftAR Pro SDK combines the functionalities of all CraftAR SDKs for Android in one single SDK. With it, you can create applications that can use:
- Cloud image recognition (IR)
- On-device image recognition
- Extended search (on-device IR for common items + cloud IR for long tail items)
- Augmented reality (from cloud or on-device items)