iOS CraftAR Pro SDK
The CraftAR Pro SDK combines all native mobile CraftAR SDKs for iOS in one convenient SDK to give you greater flexibility when developing apps with Image Recognition and Augmented Reality capabilities.
It takes advantage of the Cloud Image Recognition SDK for very large collections, the On-Device Image Recognition SDK for offline scanning, extended search option, and the Augmented Reality SDK to seamlessly render 3D models, videos and buttons in your apps.
We want to make development easy for you. To integrate CraftAR into your iOS app, we provide the iOS CraftAR Pro SDK as an iOS Framework that you can directly import into your XCode project.
This page gives you pointers to the Tutorials you should follow to integrate this SDK; the documentation of the Classes; how to run the Examples; the Requirements of your system to use this SDK, and finally, Release Notes of our continuous updates.
How to get started with the SDK
In order to get started with the SDK, we recommend you to run the examples included in the distribution that you can download upon request (see button above). The examples are located in the Examples directory as an xCode Project.
Running the examples
The SDK is already linked in the project, available inside the distribution package. You can open it and just run the project from your device (note that running inside the Simulator is not available with the SDK).
Follow this tutorial for instructions on how to integrate the iOS CraftAR Pro SDK into your xCode projects.
To integrate the SDK into your native app, you will need Xcode 7 or newer, and at least iOS 8.0.
Class Reference Documentation
Follow this link to browse through the classes of the iOS CraftAR Pro SDK
November 19th, 2019
- Fixed: (Common) Replaced AFNetworking framework to remove references to UIWebview.
March 5th, 2018
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) On-device bundles now download the contents of the AR Items on the device when synchronizing the collection.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Error in 3D model caching (for Cloud AR items) that forced download of textures every time.
December 12th, 2017
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed errors when creating 3D models from URLs and local files.
November 7th, 2017
- Changed: (Augmented Reality) New performance and quality improvements to our core tracking technology.
- Added: (Augmented Reality) Allow to disable automatic AR content creation.
- Added: (Augmented Reality) New method to control the maximum number of AR items that can be tracked simultaneously.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed flashing watermark when using AR videos with transparency.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed problems when changing properties of ImageButton contents.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed CheckImageQuality to be able to call it without opening the camera capture.
- Fixed: (Collection Manager) Fixed infrequent crash when adding on-device collections.
August 17th, 2017
- Added: (Camera) Added adaptive control of capture settings depending on the device.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed artifacts appearing in the camera preview on some devices.
- Fixed: (Common) Fixed embedded libraries to contain bitcode.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed touch events on videos with the transparency mask property set.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed compilation for Simulator.
July 12th, 2017
- New: (Augmented Reality) This version of the SDK includes a new, improved version of our tracking technology.
- New: (Augmented Reality) Increased camera FPS and added interface to control camera FPS.
- New: (Augmented Reality) Now you can add items to the tracking before the camera capture is started.
- New: (Augmented Reality) Now you can directly load all AR items from an on-device collection to the Tracking at once.
- Changed: (Common) Pods.framework now only contains AFNetworking 3.0.
- Changed: (Camera) Set focus “point of interest” moved to the CraftARSDK class.
- Added: (Camera) Add method to run a callback block when the camera is opened to allow custom configurations.
- Fixed: (Augmented reality) Portrait videos with orientation metadata are now displayed correctly.
- Fixed: (Augmented reality) Improved rendering performance.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Fixed typo in the CraftARTrackingContent class.
- Fixed: (On-device IR) Prevent symbol conflicts in some classes from the on-device Image Recognition module.
December 15, 2016
- Changed: (CloudRecognition) Now you can control the search period through the CloudRecognitionSearchController.
- Fixed: (Camera) Focus and contrast work better now. Set the focus point of interest instead of “triggering” the focus.
- Fixed: (On-device IR) Crash when the app has UTF-8 characters in the name.
- Fixed: (Augmented Reality) Set video content transparency mask programmatically now works.
October 25, 2016
The first version of the iOS CraftAR Pro SDK combines the functionalities of all CraftAR SDKs for iOS in one single SDK. With it, you can create applications that can use:
- Cloud image recognition (IR)
- On-device image recognition
- Extended search (on-device IR for common items + cloud IR for long tail items)
- Augmented reality (from cloud or on-device items)
You can read more about this launch in our Releases Blog: New Pro SDK Combines Benefits of On-Device Image Recognition and Augmented Reality SDKs.