iOS CraftAR On-Device Image Recognition SDK
How to get started with the SDK
In order to get started with the SDK, we recommend you to run the examples included in the distribution that you can download upon request (see button above). The examples are located in the Examples directory as an xCode Project.
Running the examples
Integrate the iOS On-device Image Recognition SDK into your own project
Follow this tutorial for instructions on how to integrate the iOS On-device Image Recognition SDK into your xCode projects.
In order to integrate the iOS On-Device Image Recognition SDK into your native app, you will need Xcode 7 or newer, and at least iOS 8.0.
Class Reference Documentation
Follow this link to browse through the classes of the iOS On-device Image Recognition SDK
November 19th, 2019
- Fixed: (Common) Replaced AFNetworking framework to remove references to UIWebview.
November 7th, 2017
- Fixed: Fixed infrequent crash when adding on-device collections.
August 17th, 2017
- Added: (Camera) Added adaptive control of capture settings depending on the device.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed artifacts appearing in the camera preview on some devices.
- Fixed: (Common) Fixed embedded libraries to contain bitcode.
July 12th, 2017
- Changed: (Common) Pods.framework now only contains AFNetworking 3.0.
- Changed: (Camera) Set focus “point of interest” moved to the CraftARSDK class.
- Added: (Camera) Add method to run a callback block when the camera is opened to allow custom configurations.
- Fixed: (On-device IR) Prevent symbol conflicts in some classes from the on-device Image Recognition module.
December 15, 2016
- Changed: (CloudRecognition) Now you can control the search period through the CloudRecognitionSearchController.
- Fixed: (Camera) Focus and contrast work better now. Set the focus point of interest instead of “triggering” the focus.
- Fixed: (On-device IR) Crash when the app has UTF-8 characters in the name.
- Fixed: Some conflicts with 3rd party libraries (libpng and FileUtils class).
August 31st, 2016
- Added: Callback block for the [CraftARSDK stopCapture] message (it’s asynchronous).
- Added: [CraftARCamera setCapturePreset] allows to use lower resolution video capture to speed up in slow devices.
- Fixed: Check support for camera features (focus and exposure) before using them.
- Fixed: Crash when adding invalid on-device collections, now produces an error.
- Fixed: Removed warnings produced in xCode due to missing ModuleCache files.
- Fixed: Removed warnings when compiling for iOS 8.0
- Fixed: Error when adding empty collections.
March 14th, 2016
- Advanced On-device collection synchronization (it only downloads resources for the items that have changed or are new)
- Added interfaces to manage collection bundles with tags
- Fixed errors in on-device bundles download
- Changed singletons to improve swift integration
- Fixed query image rescaling for Image Recognition
- Made ‘take picture’ method public
November 17, 2015
- Use onDeviceRecognition.mSearchcontroller as searchController delegate
- Added: Cloud image recognition module
- Added: StartFinderWithTimeout
- Fixed: SDK version mistake. Previous version major should be 1 not 3
- Fixed: Several bugs
Version 1.0.1 (aka 3.1)
July 27, 2015
- Added: Add collection from the CraftAR Service
- Added: Synchronize collections with the CraftAR Service
- Fixed: Several bugs
Version 1.0 (aka 3.0)
June 9, 2015
First release of the On-Device Image Recognition SDK for iOS..