iOS CraftAR Cloud Image Recognition SDK
How to get started with the SDK
In order to get started with the SDK, we recommend you to run the examples included in the distribution that you can download upon request (see button above). The examples are located in the Examples directory as an xCode Project.
Running the examples
Follow this tutorial for instructions on how to integrate the iOS Cloud Image Recognition SDK into your xCode projects.
To integrate the iOS Image Recognition SDK into your native app, you will need Xcode 7 or newer, and at least iOS 8.0.
Class Reference Documentation
Follow this link to browse through the classes of the iOS Cloud Image Recognition SDK.
November 19th, 2019
- Fixed: (Common) Replaced AFNetworking framework to remove references to UIWebview.
August 17th, 2017
- Added: (Camera) Added adaptive control of capture settings depending on the device.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed artifacts appearing in the camera preview on some devices.
- Fixed: (Common) Fixed embedded libraries to contain bitcode.
July 12th, 2017
- Changed: (Common) Pods.framework now only contains AFNetworking 3.0.
- Changed: (Camera) Set focus “point of interest” moved to the CraftARSDK class.
- Added: (Camera) Add method to run a callback block when the camera is opened to allow custom configurations.
December 15, 2016
- Changed: (CloudRecognition) Now you can control the search period through the CloudRecognitionSearchController.
- Fixed: (Camera) Focus and contrast work better now. Set the focus point of interest instead of “triggering” the focus.
August 31st, 2016
- Added: Callback block for the [CraftARSDK stopCapture] message (it’s asynchronous).
- Added: [CraftARCamera setCapturePreset] allows to use lower resolution video capture to speed up in slow devices.
- Fixed: Check support for camera features (focus and exposure) before using them.
- Fixed: Removed warnings produced in xCode due to missing ModuleCache files.
- Fixed: Removed warnings when compiling for iOS 8.0
March 14th, 2016
- We changed singletons to improve swift integration
- We fixed query image rescaling for Image Recognition
- We made ‘take picture’ method public
November 17, 2015
- New SDK architecture
- New method to start finder with timeout
- Added: HD camera preview
- Fixed: rotated frozen view
December 11, 2014
- Distribute libs in Universal framework format.
December 1, 2014
- The SDK package is now com.craftar
- The SDK classes are now called CraftARxxx
- The CloudRecognitionItem class is now called CraftARItem
- Improved: Faster recognition by using my.craftar.net (points to the geographically closest server)
- Added: Support arm64 architecture and iOS 8
- Fixed: several bugs
- Fixed: orientation issues.
October 2, 2013
The first public version of the iOS SDK focuses mainly on our Cloud Image Recognition functionalities.