Our Cloud Image Recognition SDK sends images through the Image Recognition API to the CraftAR servers and returns instant responses on collections of all sizes – even ones with millions of images. Our Image Recognition technology offers outstanding accuracy even in non-optimal conditions and our global server infrastructure ensures fast and reliable responses.
Because the heavy processing is done in the cloud, your native Android app can remain slim even after adding this high-tech capability.
We want to make development easy for you. To integrate the CraftAR Android Cloud Image Recognition SDK into your native mobile apps, we provide we provide a libs/ folder with all the SDK libraries included.
This page gives you pointers to the Tutorials you should follow to integrate this SDK; the documentation of the Classes; how to run the Examples; the Requirements of your system to use this SDK, and finally, Release Notes of our continuous updates.
How to get started with the Android Cloud Image Recognition SDK
In order to get started with the SDK, we recommend you to run the examples included in the distribution that you can download upon request (see button above). The examples are located in the Examples directory as an Android Studio Project.
Running the examples
The SDK is already linked in the project, available inside the distribution package. You can open it and just run the project from your device (note that running inside the Simulator is not available with the SDK).
Follow this tutorial for instructions on how to integrate the Android Cloud Image Recognition SDK into your Android projects.
To build the project or use the library, you will need Google’s Android Studio 2.2 or newer and a device with Android 3.0 or newer.
Class Reference Documentation
Follow this link to browse through the classes of the Android Cloud Image Recognition SDK
June 26th, 2018
- Added: (Common) Added CraftARActivityCompat.
November 7th, 2017
- Added: (Common) Added the “Take picture” feature.
- Added: (Common) New CraftARActivityCompat allows to use fragments with AppCompatActivity.
- Fixed: (Cloud Recognition) Prevent searches from producing results after stopFinder has been called.
August 17th, 2017
- Fixed: (Common) Changed native builds to fix crashes on devices with Android 6 (6.0 – 6.0.1) installed.
- Fixed: (Common) Fixed problems running on x86 devices.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed error opening the camera on some devices.
- Fixed: (Image Recognition) Fixed potential crashes if callback handlers are set to null.
July 12th, 2017
- Removed: (Common) Use of Apache HTTP libs.
- Fixed: (Camera) Fixed errors with autofocus with some devices (e.g. Galaxy S8).
December 15th, 2016
- Added: (Camera) New methods to change the size of the picture when calling takePicture or singleShotSearch (getSupportedPictureSizes() and setPictureSizes()).
- Fixed: (Camera) Crash when starting the camera in some cases.
- Fixed: (Camera) Single shot search failed in some devices because the picture size was not properly set up.
- Fixed: (Cloud Image Recognition) Bounding boxes were incorrect in responses from the Cloud Recognition.
- Fixed: (Cloud Image Recognition) Fix problem requesting custom data embedded.
August 31st, 2016
- New: Support for arm64 and x86 architectures (Note: the SDK is heavier, you can remove native folders or distribute them separately on Google Play).
- Changed: Update included library that produced lots of warnings
- Fixed: Crash on some devices caused by the processing of the camera frames.
- Fixed: Network issues on Android < 4.4 if TLS 1.0 is not supported by the remote servers.
March 18th, 2016
- Fixed freeze issue when restarting camera
January 15th, 2016
- Request bounding boxes by default in cloud-recognition
- Return image recognition score as an integer instead of a float
- Return appropiate network error codes when network request fail (CraftARNetworkError)
- Fix issue in Cloud recognition, that was calling at the same time searchResults() and searchFailed() if there was an exception in the searchResults() method
December 17th, 2015
- Improve re-scaling for large pictures
- Add support to use the flashlight in the camera class
November 20th, 2015
- Fix crash on devices with Android < 4.2
November 17th, 2015
- New SDK Architecture
- Added: Allows to use click and touch events in the CraftARCameraView class
- Added: Allows to use flashlight
- Fixed: Issues with atofocus on some devices
- Fixed: Problem with preview view starting in black in some cases.
December 1st, 2014
- The SDK package is now com.craftar
- The SDK classes are now called CraftARxxx
- The CloudRecognitionItem class is now called CraftARItem
- Added: Support fragments
- Improved: Faster recognition by using my.craftar.net (points to the geographically closest server)
- Fixed: Several bugs
October 2nd, 2013
The first public version of the Android SDK focuses mainly on our Cloud Image Recognition functionalities.