In order to utilize CareAR Assist on your Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2 it will need to be connected to the internet. The Smart Glasses connect to an available WiFi network in order to achieve this.
In order to add a WiFi network the Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2 will need to scan a QR code of the network being added and it's configuration. In order to generate this QR code can be done in a few different ways and below will be two methods.
QR Method 1: Android device on desired WiFi network
- From your Android device navigate to your WiFi network (Settings -> Connections -> WiFi)
- Connect to the desired WiFi network
- Once connected, click on the gear icon on the right side of of the WiFi
- At the bottom left there will be a QR code option. Click here to generate QR code.
- From Smart Glasses use this QR code to connect to WiFi
QR Method 2: Manually generated QR code
- Navigate to a QR generate website, such as: https://qifi.org/ on a computer or mobile device
- Input the information required to connect to the desired WiFi network
- Credentials required to authenticate / key for the network (if needed)
- Generate QR code
- From Smart Glasses use this QR code to connect to WiFI
Connecting to WiFi
- From the home screen swipe backwards (front to back)
- Tap to enter the settings menu
- Swipe over to WiFi. Tap to enter WiFi configuration
- Click Scan QR code
- Point Smart Glass camera at the QR code from earlier
- Once read the Google Glass Enterprise Edition 2 will attempt connection to this WiFi network