To drive adoption of experiences, many organizations will publish links or QR codes to their experiences in a variety of locations such as web pages, knowledge base articles, SMS messages, emails, etc. It can be valuable to understand which methods of distributing the experience link if most effective. Source tracking can be used to understand which links are used to access a given experience.
Source tracking utilizes Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) parameters to identify the specific links used to access a given experience. These parameters are attached to the experience's long link. When users click on a link with UTM parameters, these parameters are recorded within the session report, enabling you to track the effectiveness of different link distribution methods.
1. Determine the UTM parameters you want to use for tracking and assign a value for each parameter.
2. Next you need to obtain the long link for your experience from the Experience Builder.
- Open the experience you wish to track in Experience Builder.
- Click on the Link icon at the top of the Launch Page. This will copy the long link for your experience to the clipboard.
3. Append the UTM parameters that you wish to use to the URL preceeding each parameter with an “&” ampersand.
|Example Link With UTM Parameters
https://carear.app/eb/#/live-preview/?experienceId=HkbNfGmEPHmYdAeB13Yn&tenantId=dvlGGotHr5xytv1u7E8I &clusterId=V46wbCxFkzXGuaW5&pageId=o2mb9tsi9kjurqgau25m9e&utm_campaign =SelfSolve&utm_source=knowledgebase&utm_medium=website&utm_term=FixItM yself&utm_content=KBArticle1234
4. Use the newly constructed link to track when that specific link has been used to open the experience.
5. To see if the link was used to open the experience, check the Session Report by logged into the Admin portal and clicking on Analytics > Session Activity. From the Session Activity table click on Details for a session entry. Under User Source you will see if your UTM parameters were captured to the session report.