Effective date: June 8, 2021
- Introducing support for additional languages beyond English: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese
- App auto-sets language based on device settings, with English as default if device setting not supported
- Users can change language on-demand in the app and in the portal
- Session invitations based on language in the host’s app
- Landscape mode that allows users to rotate the app from portrait to landscape (and back)
- Feature teacher (initial pre-login walkthrough for new user, mini joyride inside the app, release specific content)
- AR Hints for assisting the transmitting user to calibrate the AR environment detected by the app. AR Hints are disabled by default and can be controlled in the Settings > Profile menu.
- With this update, the flashlight tool is not shown to Android user; if hosting a session from desktop or iOS and the guest is an Android user, then the flashlight tool is grayed out.
- Test Connection tool introduced in the Settings menu, allowing users to test their connection into the CareAR system. We check both direct and proxy connections and provide guidance to the user if connectivity issues are uncovered.
Media Geofencing Support
- Tenant level controls (host and guest) for audio and video media to geofence to a region.
- Tenant level controls to turn on/off proxy usage for media streaming.
- Initial release of CareAR Provisioning API v1.0 with full Create, Read, Update, and Delete (CRUD) functions. Enables full automation of provisioning functions related to tenant management.
- Bulk import enhancements allow for bulk modification of users. Performance enhancements for bulk provisioning operations.
- Exported session usage reports updated to include the Job Description field assigned to a user.
- On occasion, some annotation tools (eraser, flashlight, pen) are inoperable. (JIRA UN-512)
- Using an iOS device with AR hints enabled, if the surface area is too dark the hint screen obscures the tools. Note that the flashlight tool can still be used to illuminate the surface, even though it is slightly obscured by the hint screen. (JIRA UN-513)
- Flashlight state is not synched when an iOS-based guest has flashlight on and then minimizes the app. When the guest minimizes the app, the flashlight is turned off but the host's flashlight button indicates that it is still on. (JIRA UN-680)