We jumped out to a fast start in 2022 with the release of our newest (and maybe biggest) update yet, 21.06. We put together a quick webinar to talk about and show you those changes.
The 21.06 release brings a fresh new look and even bigger improvements behind that beautiful UI.
Let’s take a quick look at all the enhancements we can thank our lovely dev and design teams for:
- Fresh UI/UX across the entire app – First and foremost, all updated users will notice the brand-new face CareAR offers. From the log in screen to your contacts list (plus the new ability to save favorite contacts or review your recent calls), the new look UI is impressive. Your in-call experience will be very similar, all your favorite annotations and functions can still be found within the toolbar as well as our new recording button, which we break down just below.
- Session Recording – An exciting feature included in this release is the availability of session recording. Companies can make HD audio and video recordings of their CareAR calls and save them to their AWS S3 bucket, managing that storage and ensuring the security of their content. A walkthrough of the enablement process can be found on our support pages here [https://help.carear.com/hc/en-us/articles/4418743797911-Recording-Configuration-with-AWS-S3-bucket-].
- MacOS application – CareAR Assist can now be accessed by Apple users on their desktop. We offer a macOS experience identical to that of our Windows app, all bells and whistles included.
- Expanded wearables plus drone support – CareAR has integrated with Realwear to continue to expand our handsfree offerings. Growing beyond smart glasses, we now offer a CareAR Assist app for your DJi drone, allowing you to provide streaming video of hard-to-reach places. Enhancing the safety of all users is paramount to our team and we work to continue to broaden our wearable and drone options to increase CareAR compatibility with all customers’ safety protocols.
- New in-app languages – CareAR now supports 4 new languages, Japanese, Indonesian, Malay and simplified Chinese as a part of our ongoing commitment to localization. Users can update their language preference from their in-app Settings or CareAR can auto-detect your device settings and deliver your language preference automatically.
Full recording of the webinar can be found here [CareAR New Release 21 06 Update 20220120 1701 1]