Using the Bulk Import Template
- Use Excel to input the user data.
- Name the file whatever you like, but be sure to save as a .CSV file. The file extension must be ".CSV" .
- Do preserve the first row of labels as they appear. DO NOT CHANGE ROW 1.
- We have tested import of 5,000 entries (records/rows), but it's probably wise to split into smaller uploads of a few/several hundred.
- The following fields are mandatory: email, password, name
- The name field is actually composed of the first name and last name, separated by a single space. Do not include more than one space. For example "Jane Doe" would be a valid name field entry. "Jane De Young" would not be valid.
- The following fields are optional: groups, description, phone number
- The groups field can be composed of up to 16 alphanumeric characters and the "-" and "_" characters. The first character of the groups field must be alphanumeric. Today, a user may belong to only one group. It is optional to be assigned to a group.
- The phone number must consist of country code and subscriber number. Do not include "+", "-", "(", or ")" symbols....just numbers, please!
Note: When adding users via bulk loading, the system does not auto-send a welcome email to the users. Typically for a large set of users, you’ll want to carefully plan and coordinate notification.
End User to Login
When a user is bulk imported their user account still needs to be activated. To accomplish this the end user would follow the following steps
- End user receives password that was established from bulk import OR resets password https://carear.app/#/user/forgot-password
- End user logs in with their email address and password into the User Portal (https://carear.app/#/user)
- End user will be prompted to change their password.
- After password is changed on the User portal (https://carear.app/#/user) will now be activated and eligible to log into CareAR Assist with their email address and updated password.